Analytical Lab Technicians
Our client is seeking candidates who will be responsible for supporting the Environmental Technologies laboratory in performing tests to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations.
Full-Time Contract-to-Perm position
Our client is seeking a candidate who will be responsible for supporting the Environmental Technologies laboratory in performing tests to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations.
This position is offered in our Client’s Environmental Technologies group within the Hardware Engineering division. The Environmental Technologies group’s mission is to deliver the world’s leading programs on the elimination of hazardous substances, improved material and energy efficiency, as well as design for the environment. Our client believes that major improvements in environmental performance can be delivered through product design innovations.
The candidate will work closely with the Client’s Biocompatibility team to execute analytical testing methods and plans to support scientific investigations evaluating the safety of skin contacting materials. The candidate must have a strong working knowledge of sample preparation, dilution, accuracy and close attention to detail, the ability to learn specific practical techniques, and apply this knowledge to help solve technical problems. This role will also be responsible for maintaining work area and lab equipment and supplies. The candidate will have good time management skills in order to work on multiple projects at the same time. The candidate will be assisting with GC-MS, HPLC and LC-MS analytical tests for materials characterization.
AS/BS degree in Engineering or Science
- Experienced in sample preparation and extractions for organics analysis of various materials (e.g. plastics, fibers, leather, adhesives)
- Experienced in handling acids and solvents with appropriate personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Experienced in adherence to correct procedures, policies and health/safety guidelines
- Ability and experience in maintenance and calibration of technical equipment
- Experience in creating and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced, schedule-driven environment
- Minimum two years experience operating GC-MS, HP-LC, LC-MS, and analytical testing (preferred)
Send your resume (in Microsoft Word format), as well as your desired hourly rate, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.