Our client is seeking candidates who will be responsible for supporting toxicological assessments of chemical substances comprising materials used in the manufacture of wearable and non-wearable products that meet the prolonged skin contact requirements.
Full-Time Contract-to-Perm position
Our Client’s Environmental Technologies group is seeking a candidate to support the toxicological assessment of materials used in the production of the Client’s products. The purpose is to identify chemical substances in the Client’s products that may be potentially hazardous to human health, and be able to make the best judgement toward the selection of safer materials. The candidate will work closely with the Client’s Biocompatibility team of program managers and toxicologists to ensure materials impose the minimum safety risk to customers.
This position is offered in our Client’s Environmental Technologies group within the Client’s Hardware Engineering division. The Environmental Technologies Group’s mission is to deliver the world’s leading programs on the elimination of hazardous substances, improved material and energy efficiency, as well as design for environment. The Client believes that major improvements in environmental performance will be delivered through product design innovations.
The candidate will be responsible for supporting toxicological assessments of chemical substances comprising materials used in the manufacture of wearable and non-wearable products that meet the prolonged skin contact requirements. The candidate will focus primarily on the calculation of exposure to chemical substances, an evaluation of their inherent hazardous properties, and the estimation of the associated risk to customers. The candidate will be responsible for the maintenance of the database where the documentation of information on material and product qualifications reside. In addition, the candidate will be a major contributor in the evolution of current Client specifications, policies, and processes that place limitations on substances potentially hazardous to human health.
MS in toxicology with 1+ years of chemical risk assessment experience OR a BS degree in toxicology with 2+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience with chemical risk assessment
- Proficient with assimilating chemical hazard data from toxicology databases
- Experienced in adherence to correct procedures, policies and health/safety guidelines
- Expertise in conducting quantitative risk assessments for dermal sensitization
- Experience with computational toxicology tools such as OECD Toolbox
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced, schedule-driven environment
- Expertise in ISO 10993 and assessing materials for biocompatibility (preferred)
- Knowledge of the validated in vitro and in chemico assays for skin irritation (preferred)
Send your resume (in Microsoft Word format), as well as your desired hourly rate, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.