Information Developer / Technical Writer (Networking)
We’re looking for an information developer / technical writer with networking experience to develop user guides, online help and other documentation to facilitate product use for both internal and external audiences.
- Learn product configurations and quickly assimilate complex technical information to write system and support documentation.
- Develop high-quality documents that can be understood by technical teams, external users and customers.
- Complete assigned tasks by specified deadlines and deliver documents on schedule.
- Work closely with SMEs, document reviewers and functional teams to clarify information, identify deficiencies, resolve issues and improve documentation.
- Manage documentation assignments from initial request through publication with minimal supervision.
- Adhere to standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- 5 years experience writing technical documentation in a production environment.
- BS/BA degree.
- Proven track record of researching and writing excellent user documentation.
- Experience driving the document review and approval process.
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts and communicate them to the specified audience.
- Ability to understand programming code examples.
- Good analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills; effective and flexible team player.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail; ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Working knowledge of the following applications: FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and graphics software preferred.
- Experience using UNIX environments, scripting languages, developer tools and version control systems preferred.
- Experience writing technical documentation for data storage systems preferred.
- Experience writing technical documentation for file system-based technologies preferred.
Approx. six (6) month full-time contract, can be extended.
Open, DOE; you MUST send your annual salary requirements along with your resume.
Submit your resume, in Microsoft Word format, along with a cover letter explaining why you’re a good fit for this position, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.