San Jose, CA
We are searching for an outstanding web designer/developer to be responsible for the design, layout, and implementation of our new website. Programming, graphic design, and database administration are all elements of this position.
- Creation of site layout/user interface from provided design concepts by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Placement and layout of web site pages given client provided content.
- Knowledge of relational databases.
- Specifications/Requirements gathering as needed.
- Produce project estimates during sales process, including expertise required, total number of development hours required, etc.
- Create/convert graphics and layouts into CSS/XHTML themes.
- Knowledge of well-known CMSs (ex. Drupal, WordPress).
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science/web design or a related field, or significant equivalent experience
- 3 years minimum experience with HTML/XHTML and CSS
- 2 years minimum Web programming experience, including PHP, ASP or JSP
- 1 year minimum experience working with relational database systems
- Development experience using extensible web authoring tools
- Experience developing and implementing open source software projects
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Journalism or advertising experience also a plus
Email your resume, in Microsoft Word format, along with a cover letter explaining why you’re a good fit for this position, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.