Technical Writing and Documentation
Since 1990, ICG has been a Silicon Valley leader in the technical writing industry by delivering the highest standard of documentation on-time and on-budget. We use a time proven process to guarantee the best results for our clients. Leading companies such as Adobe, Apple, Cisco, eBay, HP, Intuit, Kaiser Permanente, and Siemens Medical have come to rely on our services for a wide variety of needs.
ICG can deliver a wide range of documentation deliverables across current and emerging technology, medical, and other subject matter. ICG can translate your ideas into concise, logical messages tuned to your target audience. Our team of writers, editors, illustrators, and project managers has the ability to take on any project large or small and deliver the most professional product possible.
Our core competencies include:
- Technical Documentation: creating and producing software and hardware user guides, reference manuals, system administration manuals, installation guides, service manuals, programming handbooks, developer guides, and primers for print, electronic distribution, and online publishing.
- Multimedia Content Development: producing interactive and visually appealing documents, presentations, and courses.
- Editing: full-line of editing services, including developmental, medical, and copy editing.
- Online Help: planning and developing online help systems for Macs and PCs.
- User Interface Design: designing procedural sequences, menu systems, and report formats.
- Translation: translating technical documents and software programs into foreign languages.
- Graphic Design: creating line art, schematics, block diagrams, network diagrams, marketing layouts, and 3D renderings.
- Marketing Tools: generating product brochures, position papers, executive summaries, press releases, and market research reports.
Depending on your needs, ICG is fully capable of:
- Project Planning: gathering information and determining project specifications.
- One-Time Projects: new product launch or document rebranding.
- Long-Term Contracts: maintaining multiple iterations of documentation through changing specifications.
- Writing Services: working with the appropriate personnel to gather source material and succinctly documenting that technical information.
- Staff Support: onsite at your location or remotely at ours.
- Outsourcing Solutions: single projects or company-wide support.
- Document Support: ensuring the completeness, accuracy, and quality of your documentation.
- Publication Services: preparing your technical documentation for distribution in the format best suited for your needs.
ICG has an experienced team of professionals well versed in an assortment of different enterprises, from software and hardware technologies to industrial, consumer, and medical fields. We can provide the expertise necessary to meet your unique requirements, whether it is a short-term need or a long-term, ongoing project.
Example subject matter for which we have provided technical documentation:
- Circuit Boards
- Computer Systems
- Data Retention
- Disk Drives
- Ethernet Switches
- Gate Arrays
- Integrated Circuits
- Lighting Management Systems
- Medical Instruments
- Network Equipment
- Nuclear Medicine
- Processing Equipment
- Telecast Equipment
- Video Processing Equipment
- Video Storage
- Circuit Simulation
- Cloud Computing
- Database Systems
- Medical and Healthcare
- Nuclear Medicine
- Operating Systems
- Patient Billing
- Patient Compliance Monitoring
- Production Modeling
- Programming Languages
- Resource Allocation
- System Security
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Technical writing involves designing, writing, and organizing documents to deliver clear and consistent technical information. Well-written technical information reduces human error, eases transition to a new system or process, improves company perception, and reduces training and support costs. The key to a great product is to use a professional technical writing team that follows recognized best practices.
Technical writing has changed immensely over the years, but one constant has always been true: excellent technical documentation is obtained with a consistent, considerate use of a proven process. ICG uses the latest applications to combine state-of-the-art technology and in-depth analysis with 20 years of experience to provide an outstanding product at the right price. At ICG one thing will never change – our customers receive exceptional service.
Examples of our deliverables:
- Application Notes
- Company Profiles
- Data Sheets
- Developer Guides
- Documentation Plans
- Executive Summaries
- FDA Documents
- Grant Applications
- Installation Guides
- Leader Guides
- Maintenance Manuals
- Market Research Reports
- Marketing Communications
- Multimedia Content Development
- News Articles
- Online Help
- Operations Manuals
- Product Guides
- Programmer References/APIs
- Sales Training Manuals
- Software and Hardware User Guides
- Systems Administration Manuals
- Technical Briefs
- Technical Documentation
- Technical Illustrations
- Training Manuals
- User Guides
- User Interfaces
- White Papers